I am not really nervous for the marathon I am going to run on Saturday (not being official and all that…) But should I be? Let me go through my checklist.
- Feeling crazy enough? – check
- Exercised enough?
- run at least a 30k withing last month – check
- Run at least 70k a week for some weeks in the last 2 months – check
- Hydrated? – Check
- Well stretched? – Will still work on this a bit.
- Feeling crazy enough? – double-check
- Well rested? – May be an issue since I am playing in a Gig the previous night…
- Carbo-loaded? – Check (Will get my portion of pasta on Friday.)
- Shoes? – Check (Still good for a thousand or more miles)
- Socks? – Check
- Tape? – Check
- Shorts, shirt, etc? – Check.
- Runners moon bag? – Check
- GPS? – Check
- Route? – Check (Hope my GPS stays OK for the road, but must still memorize the route a bit better for in case)
- Support? – Check (Thanks Nigel and co-runner Judhavir and maybe you who are reading this??)
- Chocolate? – Must get
- Bananas? – Must get
- Ready for the pain? – Check…
- Number? – N/A
- Transport to and from venue? – N/A (Starting at my house)
- alarm-clock set for 4AM? – check
- Feeling crazy enough?? – Triple check
Looks like I am ready.