2017 was my most successful running year so far. It is encouraging to me that at 46 I am still able to get better.
- Personal bests
- 5k 18.03 – Naperville Rooster 5K
- 21k 1:23:32 – Nangal Half marathon
- 42k 3:23:13 – Daily World Marathon
- Positions in 13 races that I ran
- 4 X 1st overall
- 2 X 2nd overall
- 1 X 3rd overall
- 2 X 1st in age category
- Further distances
- Furthest 111k (Chandigarh to Shimla for Shimla Tuffman promo-run)
- 104k Goa Paradise Trails
- 80k Shimla Tuffman
- 70k solo run at the SYL
- 68k Patiala to Chandigarh Freedom Ultrarun
- More kilometers in a year (3001k)
- By the grace of God, I am still healthy.
- Speed/strength training once a week for most weeks.
- Consistent running.
Next year will start with my first 24-hour run around a 400m track on 6 and 7 January. Yes, slightly mad. Then my first Mumbai marathon on the 21st. After that is still open, but I have registered for the Comrades marathon in South Africa. Next year it is a down run. I have done the up run in 2006.
Who says you have to get slower as you get older?
Here are some of my recent photo’s taken on the run.